The image of today's Freeport portrays exciting changes within a healthy community located in the gentle hills of northwestern Illinois where...
- Three Fortune 500 companies or their leading divisions make their home.
- Public and private school systems strive to create a community of learners.
- Highland Community College offers associate's degrees as well as appropriate training in job skills needed by area businesses and industry and where Columbia provides four year programs for people who seek baccalaureate degrees.
- The area's energetic 26,000 residents enjoy 780 acres of parks and other recreational facilities.
- Nearly 70 churches and houses of worship give spiritual support and leadership for residents.
- Stephenson County's 50,000 residents celebrate numerous festivals and cultural events in Freeport and surrounding communities.
- FHN Memorial Hospital and Monroe Clinic as well as several area clinics assure ready access to expert medical care.
- Numerous musical and theatrical performances by community and school organizations enliven the community.
- More than 200 national, regional and local stores offer an array merchandise and services, including businesses that boast value-oriented prices as well as unique shops and boutiques.
- Area residents enjoy four distinct Midwestern seasons: crisp autumns, snowy winters, green springs, and hot summers.