FHN Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals TrainingName: FHN Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals TrainingDate: July 18, 2018Time: 4:30 PM - 8:30 PM CDTWebsite: http://fhn.orgEvent Description:
This course is designed to teach healthcare professionals how to perform high-quality CPR individually or as part of a team. BLS (Basic Life Support) skills are applicable to any healthcare setting. This course will enable participants to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) based on the AHA (American Heart Association) guidelines. This is a hands on learning program to maximize learning for participants.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants